Signs around the office can encourage employees to be more physically active and to consume healthier foods and beverages. Whether humorous, motivational, or factual, tailor your signs to your audience:
- Encourage walking and taking the stairs. CDC suggested signs.
- Encourage walking and heart-healthy snacking. American Heart Association suggestions.
- Put footprints on the floor leading from elevator to stairs. Spell a message along the way.
- Encourage employees to take the steps by adding color. Paint the stairwell walls a happy color or ask an artist to paint a mural.
- Encourage employees to drink water and skip sugar-sweetened beverages. Suggested signs for vending machines, water foundations, break rooms and the office.
- Highlight healthier options in vending machines and cafeterias with stickers or signs such as “Better Bites” or “Good Choice.” Sign suggestions.
Want to make your own? If your office is eligible, University of Florida Family Nutrition Program can help develop a worksite wellness and nutrition education program. Information: Angelika Schlanger at 954-357-5270 or firstname.lastname@example.org.